Thursday, February 3, 2011

MY GRAPHIC DESIGN work


IN PROGRESS...
This is my in progress design. In Graphic DesignII I had to create a theatrical poster using a famous movie that already exist. I decided to create my theatrical poster off of the movie "Shrek." It is a family movie that has so many resources that could be played with. The idea was to create a feel of the environment that the play or movie would be held and capture what the story is about. This design was the first approach I took to assignment. In progress It was not meeting expectations. Although it was not solving the main goals that needed to be achieved it has some nice qualities to it.



FINISHED ASSIGNMENT...
Does it meet expectations? This graphic design no longer has a foreign fill to the region that it would be exposed to. The placement is nice and the things that I thought had potential in this piece from the "in progress" really stands out. Although I think it needs a little more work I think this really turned out ok compared to the disasters i went through in building it through illustrator.


IN PROGRESS1...
This was my first approach to my lampshade assignment in typography class. I liked it but I was told that I was shy with type. For the project I had use one typeface family and design a quote of my choice. The design had to be expressive to the quote.




IN PROGRESS2...
Still in progress I decided to explore a little more of what I can do. This is what I got. I somehow created a playful theme to a serious quote. I had to go back and dull down a lot of things to meet the criteria of the assignment which is to effective express visually with only one typeface family the seriousness of my quote. "Things became a little aggravating"




FINISHED ASSIGNMENT...
This is my final result to my first project in typography. I felt almost satisfied with the expression of seriousness I finally conquered with the quote itself. Although classmates visualized everything wrong with it I felt like I came a long way from taking a quote, giving a visual expression related to the quote using one typeface family and the quote itself of course, and planning visually the three dimensionality of the whole design and its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment