Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Book Jacket assignment


SKETCHES
The assignment I did was to create a book jacket. This is the front cover, the spine, and the back of a book. I had to create three sketches of the book "a good man is hard to find" my concept that I choose for it was irony. Somehow I had to create the feel of irony in my design so I played around with different things that I read about in the book. In doing these three sketches I saw little things that I liked and that could be used in my book jacket.


FINAL BOOK JACKET
This is the final book jacket. I basically played with type and space. I feel like this was the best i have did since my previous projects. It has great composition It really tells the story without giving everything away and it holds the characters I wanted it to display. The only thing I feel that I would change is to shift the "A" on the spine a little over. This project just made me realize that I can do anything that I can put my mind to!

No comments:

Post a Comment